As a youth-serving organization, the safety and well-being of children in our program is our top priority. We prohibit any form of misconduct and commit to promptly investigate any report of inappropriate behavior. We want to hear about problems and concerns, and we will act on them in a fair and consistent manner in accordance with our policies.
In accordance with the law, we will report suspected abuse to the proper law enforcement agencies.
Paramount Gymnastics is committed to creating a safe and positive environment for all athletes, coaches, staff, volunteers, and parents, as well as promoting an environment that is free of misconduct. This Policy serves to provide guidance regarding misconduct for all who interact with our gym. Paramount Gymnastics has “zero tolerance” for misconduct, including inappropriate behavior and sexual misconduct. All coaches, staff, and volunteers shall abide by and adhere to all Paramount Gymnastics policies.
Physical Misconduct Includes but is not Limited to:
- Any physical contact that intentionally causes bodily harm, including without limitation, forcing an athlete to train or compete when injured or requiring excessive exercise as a form of punishment.
- Any physical contact that intentionally creates a threat of immediate bodily harm.
- Giving alcohol or inappropriate drugs to a participant.
- Any violation of applicable law.
Sexual Misconduct Includes but is not Limited to:
- Any form of sexual contact or inappropriate touching, unwanted physical contact, unwelcome advances or requests for sexual favors.
- Any form of obscene gesturing, lewd remarks or indecent exposure.
- Any violation of applicable law involving sexual misconduct or child abuse or that is specifically designed to protect minors.
Physical contact that is reasonably intended to coach, teach, or demonstrate a gymnastics skill or to prevent or lessen injury (e.g., spotting, catching) does NOT constitute sexual abuse. Infrequent, non-intentional physical contact particularly that which arises out of error on the part of the gymnast or coach, does not constitute physical/sexual misconduct.
Standards of Behavior
To promote a safe environment for Paramount Gymnastics activities and events, and to reduce the likelihood of an abusive situation, coaches, staff, and volunteers must adhere to the following Standards of Behavior.
- Children are to be supervised at all times.
- Paramount Gymnastics personnel will never be alone with a child; two adults (one of whom may be a parent) are required to be present at all times.
- Out-of-program contact with athletes, such as babysitting, tutoring and ride giving, is prohibited without express written consent of the management.
- Providing special favors or privileges to individual athletes is prohibited.
- Lap-sitting, tickling, wrestling, and other incidents of body contact that are inconsistent with the coach-athlete relationship are prohibited.
- Electronic and social media communications with athletes must never be done on an individual/one-on-one basis.
You’ll need a PDF reader like Adobe Acrobat to view them, which you can download at this link